Sunday, December 18, 2011

Pecan Crack

These.  Are.  AMAZING.  Like seriously, unbelievably amazing.  Oh, did I mention super-simple to make to boot?!  Oh, and did I mention that your house will smell so freaking luscious that your neighbors will be walking zombie-like down the sidewalk towards the smell?!  Oh, and did I mention they are AMAZING?!  OK, enough of that...go and make these immediately.  I will wait until after the holidays for the songs of gratitude to be written in my honor.  I am a giver that way ;)

Pecan Crack
  • 1 pound Pecan halves
  • 1 Egg White
  • 1 TBSP Vanilla
  • 1 cup Sugar
  • 1 tsp Salt
  • 2 tsp Cinnamon
  • 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
Preheat oven to 275 degrees
Beat the egg white and vanilla together until frothy. Stir in one pound of pecan halves into the mixture. Stir to coat.
In another bowl, mix sugar, salt, cinnamon, and  pumpkin pie spice. Pour sugar mixture into moistened pecans. Thoroughly mix so that pecans are well coated with sugar and spice combination.
Spread on large cookie sheet and bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.  Even though it may not look like it is working, the last 10 minutes or so it really starts drying out and getting that amazing candy crunch on the outside.

This recipe has been linked up at:
This Chick Cooks
Tidy Mom
Simply Sweet Home

4 comments:

  1. Siggy, I'm answering the call from Facebook and sprinted over to see what I missed...in a word, WOW! I'm compelled to give this a try. Thanks for sharing the recipe and Happy Holidays to you & yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they do look good, now as I have never had crack, I will have to take your word on that LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! These do look amazing! I love the amount of vanilla you use along with all the wonderful spices. Time to buy some pecans! :)

    ReplyDelete