Monday, April 26, 2010

Parmesan Crusted Dijon Chicken

Here is a play-by-play of what happened a few nights ago at dinner.
Kiddos are playing outside and Hubby working in his office.  Instead of having them come help set the table, I do it and lovingly set all the food on the table.  Parmesan Crusted Dijon Chicken, Cheddar Broccoli Rice, and Steamed Normandy Veggie Mix.  Usually when I am taking a picture of a dinner dish for the blog, I am doing it as my kiddos are tapping their feet and pounding their silverware on the table  waiting oh so patiently for me to take my picture.  Tonight, I thought I would have plenty of time to set up a nice shot.  I thoughtfully platted my plate and started snapping.  Then, out of nowhere, the smell hit me.  The heavenly smell of this scrumptious dish made my stomach snarl like I hadn't eaten it years.  I was on my feet and out the door yelling at the kiddos to "GET INSIDE NOW!  IT IS TIME TO EAT" then headed for my Hubby's door, tapping on the glass....louder and louder.  After too many more minutes of handwashing and meandering to the table, FINALLY, everyone was at their seats,  ready to take a bite of their chicken.
"WOW!" said the Hubby Love
"OH.  MY.  GOSH!"  said Kiddo B
"YUMMMYYYY!!! It's sooo SCRUM-DI-UM-DI-UMPTIOUS" said Kiddo C
"AWESOME"  said Kiddo A while giving a double thumbs up
Long story short, total hit!  Don't you love it when you remember a recipe you haven't made in a long time that seems like new?! 

Ingredients:
  • 4-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 ½ cups bread crumbs, I like to use the Italian style 
  • ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon Worchester sauce
  • ½ cup melted butter
  • 1 clove garlic, finely minced (you can use the jarred or frozen garlic equivalent)
  • 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix bread crumbs, salt, and parmesan cheese.
Melt butter in separate bowl and add garlic, Worchester sauce, and Dijon mustard.
Allow butter mixture to cool a bit, then dip chicken in mixture to coat.
Dip coated chicken in crumb mixture. Place in baking dish , 13"x9" works well, that has been sprayed with non-stick spray or butter.
Cook for 45 minutes – 1 hour until cooked through.


This recipe is linked at:
Tidy Mom's I'm Lovin' It
Simply Sweet Home Friday Favorites
Mommy's Kitchen Sunday Potluck

8 comments:

  1. Oh YUMMMY!!! Once again you are providing me with a delicious recipe for chicken....;-) Can't wait to make this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make a similar recipe with a few differences...I use almond meal in place of the bread crumbs, mix beaten egg with the dijon mustard, and also add a tsp of italian seasoning to the dry ingredients (ie: the almond meal mixed with parmesan cheese). My family also LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this last night and my husband (who hates mustard, especially Dijon)actually liked it a lot. He said the Dijon flavor was very subtle. I used Italian seasoned bread crumbs and served it with risotto and brocolli. Everyone loved it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmm..... sounds good! Will have to give this one a try!

    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like a flavorful piece of chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great, my kind of meal. I think my kids will love it too. BTW, I tried your taco pasta last week and it was a hit with me and the girls (hubby's lactose intolerant).

    ReplyDelete