Wednesday, April 21, 2010

BBQ Meatballs

Yum, yum, yum, and yum!  This was my first venture into the meatball arena that wasn't accompanied by marinara sauce and spaghetti noodles.  Boy am I glad I did...venture that is.  Though I would have to say, we think of these more as little meatloaf meatballs because it isn't what I think of as a BBQ sauce.  Whatever it reminds you of, it is total comfort food here!
So, if you have tried Pioneer Woman's BBQ Meatballs already, then you know what I am talkin' about.  If you haven't tried them yet, make them as soon as possible...you will be happy you did!

Ingredients

  FOR MEATBALLS
  • 1-½ pound Ground Beef
  •  ¾ cups Oats
  • 1 cup Milk
  • 3 Tablespoons Very Finely Minced Onion
  • 1-½ teaspoon Salt
  • Plenty Of Ground Black Pepper (to Taste)
   FOR COOKING MEATBALLS
  • 1 cup All-Purpose Flour (coating For Frozen Meatballs)
  • Canola Oil
  FOR SAUCE
  • 1 cup ketchup
  • 2 Tablespoons sugar
  • 3 Tablespoons white vinegar
  • 2 Tablespoons worcestershire sauce
  • 4 Tablespoons (to 6 Tablespoons) finely diced onion
  • 1 dash(es) Tabasco - optional...which I optioned out of.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine all meatball ingredients. Roll into medium-small balls and place on a cookie sheet. Place sheet in freezer for five minutes.
After 5 minutes, remove meatballs from freezer and immediately dredge in unseasoned flour.
Brown meatballs in canola oil until just brown. Place into a baking dish, like a 9"x13" pan.
Combine all sauce ingredients. Pour over meatballs and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Serve with  mashed potatoes.

This recipe is linked up at:
Tidy Mom's I'm Lovin' It
Mommy's Kitchen Sunday Potluck

4 comments:

  1. Arent they the best. Comfort food in a little old balls. Luv them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not tried this PW recipe yet...thanks for sharing it!!

    Thanks for linking up to I'm Lovin' It! Have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to try this recipe! The meatballs look amazing and I bet they taste even better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Presently a day, instruction has changed its way in correlation of old era's method for training. New every now and again refreshed sites and sites help you to receive an alternate approach to learn in an unexpected way. Killer Hogs BBQ Rub

    ReplyDelete