Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Macaroni Crackaroni Salad


This recipe came from Tasty Kitchen, submitted by agreatday. I had to try it just based on the name, I mean come on, anything described as "Crackaroni" because of it's addictive quality has to be good right?! Yuppers! This was my first attempt making any type of macaroni salad and truth be told, I am usually not a huge fan of it. However, I have been craving deviled eggs lately...(no not preggo) and this was a mighty fine twist on that. Kinda a deviled egg-y macaroni salad. It is a simple recipe that can be eaten as is or embellished as much as you want. It makes a LOT so it is good to make for a crowd or to munch on the leftovers.

Ingredients
  • 1 box  macaroni pasta. 
  • 2 cups mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup white vinegar
  • 1/3 cup white sugar
  • 1 TBSP prepared yellow mustard
  • 1 tsp salt (original called for 1 1/2 tsp but I found it a tad too much)
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • A dash garlic powder
  • 4 stalks celery, diced
  • 10-12 hard boiled eggs, diced (you know since you are going to have a TON left over after a certain furry, puff-tailed critter visits your house)
Cook macaroni according to package directions. Once cooked, rinse under cold water and shake off as much excess water as possible. In a separate bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, salt, pepper, mustard, and garlic. Stir until smooth. Combine dressing, macaroni, diced eggs, and diced celery. ENJOY!
This recipe has been linked over at Mommy's Kitchen Sunday Potluck!

2 comments:

  1. I love a good macaroni salad! I am bookmarking this one. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most delicious macaroni salad ever, I could eat it for every meal!!

    ReplyDelete